Notification center on lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Andy2295, Jun 21, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Can anyone explain why we want the notification center on the lock screen? All our notifications appear on the lock screen anyways and we can swipe into them.

2. macrumors 68030

It also has your schedule for the day. Maybe you want to see what appointment you have next.

3. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

Not all notifications appear on the lock screen, particularly if you turn them off. Plus, like mrapplegate said, it shows your calendar.

4. macrumors P6

And you can disable it if you want to and not have it on the lockscreen (just as is the case with Command Center). Options are good to have.

5. macrumors 6502

photogpab

i dont know if i'm the only one but my notification center doesnt show any of my calendar events. its just blank.

if i open the calendar app all my appointments / events are in there.

[​IMG]

6. macrumors 68030

Definitely a bug. Report it. I have mine listed.

7. macrumors P6

The Today section has a very small summary of today and tomorrow (if you have those enabled) and then an actual piece of your calendar that shows the upcoming 4-6 hours from the present. So, if you don't have anything happening in the next 4-6 hours or so, you won't see anything there, in the actual calendar section (although you should still see a today and/or tomorrow summary, if you have those enabled).

Sometimes I've noticed the calendar view also gets stuck displaying information for yesterday, instead of today, which appears to be a bug--restarting the phone usually gets it back to normal.

8. macrumors newbie

Is there a reason why mine doesn't have the weather for the day like the rest, or just a bug?

9. macrumors 6502a

For me, I had to turn on location services on weather.

10. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

I like to check that new Google Now-esque feature in the 'Today' view. It's really helpful.