Notification Centre, Magic Trackpad gesture does not work

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Unggoy Murderer, Feb 16, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

I tried to use the "simple gesture" to show the Notification Centre using my Magic Trackpad, however, it's quite difficult as there's no external surface to swipe from. Works great on my MacBook Pro, but not so well on my iMac =[

Anyone else found this?

2. macrumors regular

Beavix

It works, but you have to swipe from the edge of the Magic Trackpad.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, you're right. But the issue is, I need to have my middle finger practically beyond the edge of the Trackpad, and 9 times out of 10, I nudge it over to the left, which is annoying me.

4. macrumors member

Out of curiosity, what is the gesture? It seems like it's a two finger swipe to the left, beginning off the surface of the trackpad. Is this right?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

It's in the video, two finger gesture from off the top right corner of the trackpad. Works really well on MacBook Pro, not so well on Magic Trackpad =[

6. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Oh man, this was kicking my ass. Thanks!

7. macrumors 6502

Is there no mouse or keyboard way to activate this?? :confused:

8. macrumors 68000

rorschach

It's not on by default, but you can set a keyboard shortcut to hide/show Notification Center in the Keyboard prefpane > Keyboard Shortcuts tab.

[​IMG]

9. macrumors 6502

The gesture is still a little hit and miss for me. Sometimes notification center opens up and stays open, other times, it opens up but bounces back so you don't read your notifications.

10. macrumors regular

i cannot get Banners to work. i'll receive an email, and i get the usual badge on the application, and then in the notification center itself the email is listed, but there is no pop up a la Growl.

11. macrumors newbie