Nov. 19th, NEW APPLE STORE IN UTAH @ The Gateway

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by slooksterPSV, Nov 17, 2005.

1. macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

My sister received an email, and I will shortly, about the upcoming event of the Apple Store opening in Salt Lake City at The Gateway. First 1,000 persons there will receive a free Apple T-Shirt! I'm so excited, they also have a contest you can enter to win $2370.00 of design products - I'm thinking G5 and 20" Apple Display. Oh I can't wait. My mom is going to take me down. My sister said that there won't be barely anyone there, but she's wrong. She thinks Utah is a complete 0% Apple place. I know that there will be a line so long from A to B. I can't wait =D

http://www.apple.com/retail/thegateway

2. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

3. macrumors 68000

kgarner

Oh how I wish I could be there. I am still gonna try, but I have to convince the wife to let me go. Not an easy sell when I am gone for most of the day during the week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

4. macrumors 6502a

I need to be in Salt Lake Saturday anyway so I'll go have a look.

5. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I tried to convince my mom to go and get me a t-shirt since she lives there, but she said nothing is worth standing in line outside in 20 degree weather for. Oh how wrong she is...
    Those of you who do make it please take some pictures! I'm not going to make it up there until Christmas.

6. macrumors 6502a

The forecast is between 27 and 47 degrees. The opening was covered on at least one TV station last night, but no mention of the T shirts as I recall. It will be interesting to know how much of a line there is, but since the contest is open until Dec 19th I'm in no hurry.

7. macrumors 6502a

As I was walking up to the overlook on the east side, I heard the 5,4,3,2,1 countdown at 10:00 AM. From what I could see the line was about a block long, at least. I came back about three hours later and there was still a small line, but I couldn't stay.

8. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Too bad David. It was awesome! 2nd best event in my life.

9. macrumors 6502a