Novak reveals source... almost

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Jul 11, 2006.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And here I thought Rove was innocent because he wasn't convicted. Oh wait, no I didn't. OJ and MJ are free too, doesn't make me want to invite them over for tea anytime soon.

4. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

So then, LET THE POLLS DROP!;)

5. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

Once again, Bush and his cronies are revealed to have lied to the American public and cheated justice. Nothing will happen and we are worse for it.

I can't believe we have two more years of this....

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Draft dodging Karl Rove wont be fired, Bush has lied once again but arent we getting use to his B.S.? He wont be doing a thing about his team of draft dodgers who outed this agent. It was just more talk.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

regarding the thread title, why is it 'almost'?

8. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

I couldnt fit:

"Novak reveals leak source but only to the independent council Patrick Fitzgerald as well as fingering Carl Rove as one who verified Plame's identity proving his involvement".

9. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Please. This is a complete hoax. This entire thing doesn't make any sense. Why send a man unqualified to research anything? It's complete ********. While I don't like Bush or Cheney, I don't think they "leaked" anything. This whole case is stupider than anything. In fact, if the media wasn't so big on trying to bash Bush and Cheney, then would we even have heard about it? Would her name even be mentioned? There has even been testimony that he went to parties on Cap. Hill and introduced her as a CIA agent.

Even then, it's still Novak that's guilty of leaking classified information, not a politicians or bureuacrats. Novak published the name, Novak's guilty of the crime.

Besides, I don't remember Kerry getting charged for leaking an agents name during a meeting on Cap. Hill, yet nothing is done. Between this, the Downing Street Memos (which relies on one sentence alone), and everything else, my gosh.

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

facts are hard, aren't they? i'll help out: it was the rather right-wing, bush-loving robert novak who printed the name valerie plame.

your next challenge: determine why blaming party B for the independent actions of party A is fallacious.

11. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Yes zimv20, facts are hard. My questions for benthewraith are this;

1. How is this a "hoax"

2. Now that Novak has flat out siad that Carl Rove was one of his sources will Bush stand by his promise and "fire anyone who was involved with the leak?"

I think Bush's track record says the answer is NO.

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Actually I'm pretty sure that Novak does not have clearance to know who undercover agents are and therefore whoever told him is the person guilty of the crime....

13. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Doesn't matter. Even then, Novak is guilty of publishing the name. You can play he said she said the whole time, but in the end, even if a name was accidentally slipped, Novak was completely capable of not publishing the name. It's like I overhear a classified conversation, or maybe I'm allowed to listen in, but then immediately write an article revealing all classified information.

14. aquajet macrumors 68020

In other words, if a government employee with security clearance decides to leak classified information to the media, for whatever reason, then it is the media who should be held accountable? If I hear this information on a news broadcast and pass it on to a friend, should I be prosecuted as well?

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

benthewaiter -- you're exhibiting an absolute lack of political thought. plame's name was leaked for a single person: to get back at her husband for questioning the administration's facts on iraq.

that act puts it somewhere between a political power play and treason. blaming the media for the administration's actions is beyond laughable. you've picked your side and will use any trick of word or thought to justify an unjustifiable action. if you cared about your country and its democracy, you'd demand accountability.

they'll teach you about that in high school.

16. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The crime is committed by the person with the classified clearance that told the person who did not have clearance.

If I have security clearance I can't go home and tell my wife what I know and say, "Just don't tell anyone." I would have committed the crime in this instance since I told someone without clearance the information.

The he said, she said stops with the first person you encounter who legally had access to that information. Once that source is found you have the person who leaked classified information.

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Cheney is still the Dick that got all this going, they were spinning the yellowcake trail to Saddam. They didnt want a little truth to get into the way just as they made sure to reinsert things taken out of Powells speach to the U.N. which turned out again to be spin. It all points to Cheney, all this stuff if you ask me.

18. aquajet macrumors 68020

Not to mention, squarely within childishness.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Keep your head in the sand. :rolleyes: Bush is counting on it.

20. aquajet macrumors 68020

Maybe we should all have security clearance. That way, everybody and nobody can be held accountable.

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you should.

22. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

:rolleyes:

My main issue is Bush's incompetency with the Iraq situation. Also, I'm pro-gay marriage.

That doesn't mean I'm going to play the good little liberal or good little conservative. ;)

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's the display isn't it? There was another one with Gandhi and Hitler. The real one was black and white with a little dot I thought. Plus, BushCo is anything but conservative. I don't know why they even call themselves that.

But yeah, it's all their faults. The one who ordered the leak, the one who leaked it, and the one who printed it, knowing what it was. Even the person who approved the article, knowing what it was. Political payback, and highly illegal. I can't see how anyone could actually defend that, then say it's just some kind of political revenge against Bush. Not with a straight face.

24. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you'd be safe inviting them, as OJ is tracking the real killers, and MJ only likes young boys.

no, rove will not be fired.

25. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Novak said in the article he wrote that his first clue came from Plame's hubby getting her in the Who's Who thing. I guess he figured she deserved at least 15 minutes of fame. Then Novak says he went to a CIA guy, and tripped the guy into revealing Plame's status.

Armed with info, he heads for the White House to get verification.

You gotta be a poker-faced Texas Hold'em Champ to be able to lie to any reporter with Novak's experience and get away with it. When he shows up with, "I know..." you might as well fess up. And the White House guys did.

And for whatever reason, Novak blabbed.

But it all started with Novak's curiosity about the W-W entry set up by Plame's husband...

'Rat