Now I want a yellow smart cover -- or something close enough to it.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by NameUndecided, Mar 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I read the Anandtech review of the new iPad last night, and their main picture on the first page of the review shows what looks like a yellow smart cover, but is probably a brightly-lit [discontinued] orange cover. http://www.anandtech.com/show/5688/apple-ipad-2012-review

So now I want a yellow cover, but Apple obviously doesn't make them. I might even consider buying a generic one off of eBay if I saw one and knew that it wasn't going to be too disappointing in quality.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anything? I'm not so interested in anything yellow that also has a back cover. I'm seeing enough options like that on Amazon and they aren't too appealing to me.

Should I just keep an eye out for a second-hand orange cover and hope that it well-enough satiates my want for yellow anytime I happen to shine a bright light directly on it? I'm thinking that might be the way to go, but I wanted to know if anyone else here knew of any extra options.

Thanks!

2. Guest

try google
    +"new iPad" + cover +yellow

3. macrumors G3

It looks orange to me.

4. macrumors member

this is close

Attached Files:

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tips. I was looking at Yoobao cases the other day, so maybe at some point I'll settle with that one.

And I still say that the pictured cover in that Anandtech review totally passes for yellow. ;) Viewed both on my MacBook and new iPad screens. I think I'll try to track down an authentic orange cover.

6. macrumors member

Anandtech "doctored" all their review pictures quite a bit. i wonder why. didn't want to admit to the yellow tint on his unit perhaps. it's quite ironic that smart cover turned out to be yellow :)

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, thanks. :)

8. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

try www.sw-box.com or www.dpgate.com

both are in Hong Kong so the items will take about 2 weeks to get to you, but the prices are great and the quality is pretty good. I've ordered numerous cases, charging cables, docks etc... from both and never had any issues.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, I really like a lot of the cases on the sw-box site. Still no satisfactory yellow from what I can see though (I really think an orange one is going to have to fill this particular materialistic void). But I really think that I want to order one of the wood cases and maybe the red crocodile skin hard case. Thanks so much for bringing these up!

10. macrumors regular

I wonder if it's possible to buy a white cover, and dye it? I don't think it'd work on hard plastic, but anything that is cloth like. Has anyone tried this?

I'm assuming you don't want a skin.

11. macrumors 6502a

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. macrumors demi-god

thatoneguy82

I agree. Not yellow at all. It's not bright enough.

14. macrumors 6502a

The problem with that bag is that once you take it out, the iPad is naked, with no protection.

15. macrumors 68000

mofunk

You're right. I'm using a Timbuk2 Plush Sleeve. When I take my iPad out of the bag, I do like I do with my MBP... I put the iPad on top of the sleeve. When its not on the table, its held in my hands.

16. macrumors newbie

I dyed a cream coloured leather smart cover to magenta. Yellow would perhaps be a trickier colour to get right?

17. macrumors 6502a

Which yellow case? My preference is for the Yoobao. I love the stable viewing angles and the style of the case.:)

18. macrumors member

19. macrumors 68040

Not a single picture on this thread is yellow. Have a case made by vaja.

20. Nhwhazup, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012

macrumors 65816

Nhwhazup

How about this one for yellow?

http://www.carrymobile.com/apple/ap...e-black-lc-with-sleep-mode-function-3397.html

I actually came pretty darn close to ordering this one but held off. Would love to have someone pull the trigger and review. I've purchased way too many iPad cases.

It is on the more pricey side at $98. You just either need to hit the buy button or go back to see the price and the rest of the colors. Another poster on the forums highly recommends this case and has had it for his iPad 2. I would love to see someone purchase one of these and review it with real life photos.