Now Ipods

Discussion in 'iPod' started by peter32892, Sep 9, 2006.

1. peter32892 macrumors member

I went to several stores and there were no ipods I went to walmart, compusa, best buy and none of them have it thank fully the apple store had some. I am thinking this could be mean new ipods the 12 of september.:)

2. Selax77 macrumors member

was it just the rugular 5g ipods or the nanos too?

3. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Umm, my Best Buy has a ****load of new iPod 5Gs. Seriously, we keep em all in the back room where meetings take place.

Just piled on the floor, boxes and boxes full of iPods.

4. Queso macrumors G4

5. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I would never buy an iPod or anything related to Apple from anybody but Apple. Especially not Best Buy. My manager used to work at Best Buy and got transferred around a lot and said every single Best Buy he managed had the same incompetent, lazy, misinformed, and ignorant staff.

Daniel.

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

But why would that affect the iPod?? I could understand not buying from some place if they do something to the iPod, but not buying because they are misinformed doesn't really make sense to me. I am still getting an iPod, I'm not paying any different.

7. KKKL macrumors 6502

8. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

what does this mean?

9. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Not sure what you mean, but newer isn't always better for everyone. For example, some people prefer the aluminum mini enclosure to the plastic nano enclosure. Although, if an alu nano comes out, that'll overall be a step forwards from the mini.

10. peter32892 thread starter macrumors member

It was the normal and nano. I live in the albany new york region just to give you guys an idea were there is no ipods accept the ipod store.

11. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Although i doubt this has anything to do with New iPods, i can only hope. I want new Nanos!

12. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Yeah, there's probably nothing wrong with it, but I just feel so much more comfortable talking to someone and buying from someone who knows the product inside-out. Also, this is just speculation, but I would imagine an Apple employee would be much more careful not to drop a box of iPods than a Best Buy employee. Am I crazy to think that way?

Daniel.

13. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I've had three iPods before I finally found the one that's suiting my life best. And I'm sure you'll smile at this, 'cause there's definitely a large downgrade in this iPod-related tale. :)

3G 40GB iPod
    4G 2GB iPod
    5G 60GB iPod :D
    512MB iPod Shuffle :eek:

Basically, I found I wasn't using my 5G iPod to watch any of my plethora of iPod videos and I hated how I had all of my 32GB+ library on it and couldn't shuffle the songs without hearing songs I've never heard in my life. All I really need my iPod for at this time in my life is for when I'm riding my bike. If I'm on a long road trip where I'd want to listen to a large variety of music, I'd have my laptop with me anyway.

Daniel.

P.S If you would have told me a year ago that I would ever even consider buying a Shuffle, I would've punched you in the face because in my eyes, Shuffles "weren't real iPods." I still really don't think they're technically real iPods, but for $49 I get everything I need and the Apple Battery Pack for free.

14. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

the nano's are acrylic. same with ipods, imacs, and the top of the mac mini.

15. freebooter macrumors 65816

freebooter

I liked the feel of the metal mini, but the nano size and speed wins hands down. The mini is a dinosaur with retro appeal only.

If a metal nano comes out, I'll get it.