Now I've decided on the machine I cannot decide...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by laravia18, Jan 26, 2007.

1. laravia18 macrumors member

Mac or PC? I want to get the game Sims 2 when I purchase my macbook but I am not sure if I should get the Mac version and deal with the lagging because it's not configured for the Intel processor in Mac or get the PC version. For those who play games on your Mac either directly, or using Bootcamp can you tell me which game performance is best! Or does it even matter which one?

2. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

It all depends which computer you get. If you get a low-end macbook then running Rosetta applications takes longer. If you have the top-end macbook pro with everything maxed out its not going to make that much of a difference. I have no personal experience with what games are like under Rosetta though.

3. laravia18 thread starter macrumors member

I am going to get the macbook in the middle with all the factory settings.

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Windows runs nativly on intel macs meaning you would not notice any difference running a PC version of sims....

5. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

hmmm...

My version of The Sims 2 is Intel native...

EDIT- Woop! My 200th Post!

6. Silentwave macrumors 68000

7. laravia18 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry if there was an obvious answer to this question

I was under the impression that even when you get the Universal Binary Version there was a significant difference in game play compared to the Windows version when playing on an Intel machine. My mistake!:)

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're going to install Windows anyway, you could always basically just devote your Win partition to video games and keep them all off the Mac side. :D Plus you'll have the relatively low overhead of ancient XP.

9. Craigy Boy macrumors member

My sister is a massive Sims fan. She has played them all on the PC loads, and when she switched to a Mac her biggest concern was how the Sims would work on it :rolleyes: . Safe to say, my sister finds Sims 2 runs brilliantly on her Mac (17inch iMac C2D, 1gb Ram, 2 ghz) so you should be fine!

10. laravia18 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the replies

You guys gave me the answers I was looking for! Thank you so much!:D