Now or in August

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tyguy01234, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. tyguy01234 macrumors newbie

    Jun 7, 2005
    Ok so I have 2 paths that lead to 2 dilemmas:

    Path 1:

    I have been putting off buying a PB because I have been hopefully waiting for an update to come out soon in time for the school year. I start school in August so really I can wait out the summer and hope that buy August the update comes out. However if the update is not going to be in August then I am wasteing my time waiting because I could just be enjoying the laptop now (but again I do not NEED it so I can wait for an update, but if update does not come in August I might as well buy PB now and enjoy it). So should I wait, will there be an update before august or in august?

    Path 2 (given the answer to path 1 is there will not be a PB update in time):

    If there is going to be no update to the PB line before or at august I might as well buy a PB now and enjoy it except: will Apple have a back to school sale or are their educational discounts the only thing I get. So if there is going to be a sale then I will wait but this will be my 1st apple so I do not know the history of Apple's advertising campains.

    Thank you for any and all advise
  2. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

    Jul 9, 2003
    apple will be announcing their back to school special or whatever in the next few weeks
    if the powerbooks are updated they'll probably be updated when the special is announced
    i'd say wait till the announcement and then buy-you'll still have enough time before school starts

  3. irok macrumors newbie

    Jun 20, 2005
    back-to-school discounts sound like their trying to sell all their notebooks so that apple could start making new innovations :)

    well.... thats how it was and still is.. and will be
  4. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a


    May 18, 2005
    The word going around is that the PB will be updated in October.

Share This Page