Now or Later

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SIxsIX, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. SIxsIX macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2006
    #1
    I currently have a 15" Powerbook 1.67 Superdrive that is only about 3 months old

    I want to get a Macbook Pro and have a few questions

    -If I wait to get one will the value of my laptop drop even more significantly?

    -If I get a macbook now will I be disappointed because they will come out with something much better by the end of the year?

    Give me some opinions on what I should do

    thanks
     
  2. Badandy macrumors 68040

    Badandy

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
    Location:
    Terminus
    #2
    You have basically a brand new Powerbook and you are already gonna sell it for a MBP? You are in the PERFECT position to wait until Merom chips come in and they go to Revision B.
     
  3. youthpastor macrumors newbie

    youthpastor

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2006
    #3
    I have a PowerBook G4 also--and the thought of selling mine did cross my mind so I could purchase a MacBook Pro and use Windows XP when I need it. However, the PowerBook G4 does everything I need perfectly and I have not needed XP as of yet.

    I am just going to wait for the next revision of MBP and Windows Vista to come out before I do anything. I would say just hold on to a good thing...but do what ya want.
     
  4. student_trap macrumors 68000

    student_trap

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2005
    Location:
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    #4
    this computer is suberb, just because something faster than it has come out, doesn't instantly render your current mac slow, or any less powerful than it was before the mbp's came out.

    My advice is that, as long as it is doing what you need to do on it well, keep it, and...shock horror...enjoy it! Don't give a thought to what you could have, enjoy what you've got!
     
  5. SIxsIX thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2006
    #5
    don't get me wrong guys I love my powerbook.... its not really even the speed issue as much as it is a boot camp issue.......I think u guys are right though abought waiting for a revision of the MBP

    Where could I find information on the revisions and advancement of the MBP?

    thanks
     

Share This Page