Now or Later?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ryan.stewie, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. macrumors regular

    ryan.stewie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #1
    I'm going to buy a Macbook this year (My first apple computer:D) and I dont know wether to buy one know or wait until the next big refresh. I know that there will be new processors, will the Macbook get multi-touch?, LED screens? should i buy now or wait until june (I can wait all this year). Also should I get a high end white macbook or a blackbook?
     
  2. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2008
    Location:
    VIRGINIA
    #2
    buy now new macbook upgrades was last week
    their will always be new upgrades on any electronic products so why wait.
     
  3. macrumors 6502a

    Shackler

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Location:
    behind you!
    #3
    if u cant wait the whole then wait until after Macworld '09 which is the beginning of Jan. next year. if u cant wait that long then by fall updates should come
     
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

    ryan.stewie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #4
    Fair enough, i'll probably get one in July (b'day and so-on) but what one do you recommend a High-End White or a Black because if heard of problems on the black ones.
     
  5. macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    #5
    You're safe to buy the current revision, they're really well-speced. I would reccomend getting the white one because it's cheaper. Personally, I find paying extra for a color is just stupid, but some people find a different color to be $100 (or whatever the difference is now-250GB upgrade) well spent. I guess it's a personal choice. But if you get white, you can get a case, keyboard, mouse, ram, and/or something else to go with your new computer.
     
  6. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2007
    #6
    I think you should buy now, there's a chance that it might have a multi-touch trackpad, but it's spec is going to stay similar to what it is now. Is it worth waiting 6 months or more for pinching and rotating?
     
  7. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    Northern Virginia
    #7
    agreed buy now i did(from the 2.2)
     
  8. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2008
    #8
    General rule of thumb is:

    if you need it, you wont wait for it cause you will be buying it first chance you get.

    If you can wait, it probably shows that you dont need it at all. ;)
     
  9. thread starter macrumors regular

    ryan.stewie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    Location:
    Australia
    #9
    thanks, i've decided to get one as soon as possibe. :D:D(so excited!:D)
     

Share This Page