Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
I'm going to buy a Macbook this year (My first apple computer:D) and I dont know wether to buy one know or wait until the next big refresh. I know that there will be new processors, will the Macbook get multi-touch?, LED screens? should i buy now or wait until june (I can wait all this year). Also should I get a high end white macbook or a blackbook?

connoisseur

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2008
VIRGINIA
I'm going to buy a Macbook this year (My first apple computer:D) and I dont know wether to buy one know or wait until the next big refresh. I know that there will be new processors, will the Macbook get multi-touch?, LED screens? should i buy now or wait until june (I can wait all this year). Also should I get a high end white macbook or a blackbook?

buy now new macbook upgrades was last week
their will always be new upgrades on any electronic products so why wait.

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
if u cant wait the whole then wait until after Macworld '09 which is the beginning of Jan. next year. if u cant wait that long then by fall updates should come

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
buy now new macbook upgrades was last week
their will always be new upgrades on any electronic products so why wait.

Fair enough, i'll probably get one in July (b'day and so-on) but what one do you recommend a High-End White or a Black because if heard of problems on the black ones.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Fair enough, i'll probably get one in July (b'day and so-on) but what one do you recommend a High-End White or a Black because if heard of problems on the black ones.
You're safe to buy the current revision, they're really well-speced. I would reccomend getting the white one because it's cheaper. Personally, I find paying extra for a color is just stupid, but some people find a different color to be $100 (or whatever the difference is now-250GB upgrade) well spent. I guess it's a personal choice. But if you get white, you can get a case, keyboard, mouse, ram, and/or something else to go with your new computer.

HaGG

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
I think you should buy now, there's a chance that it might have a multi-touch trackpad, but it's spec is going to stay similar to what it is now. Is it worth waiting 6 months or more for pinching and rotating?

Sage Harupyuia

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
General rule of thumb is:

if you need it, you wont wait for it cause you will be buying it first chance you get.

If you can wait, it probably shows that you dont need it at all. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.