Now that Apple is dropping the iMac G5's price...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by milky23, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. milky23 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2005
    #1
    Apple's recent price drop on the iMac G5 has really destroyed my hope of selling my unopened iMac G5 for the price I was hoping for.

    Would it be wise now to wait for Apple to run out of inventory, then sell it on eBay? In other words, would the demand be high enough to get say... $1600-$1800 when Apple has run out? How do things like this usually work?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Danksi macrumors 68000

    Danksi

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2005
    Location:
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    #2
    Where did you purchase this unopened iMac G5? Can you take it back for a refund?
     
  3. milky23 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2005
  4. Emerson macrumors member

    Emerson

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2004
    Location:
    Iowa
    #4
    I just wish they would drop the price of the Powermac, ahh just wishful thinking.
     
  5. Danksi macrumors 68000

    Danksi

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2005
    Location:
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    #5
    What are you looking to get, if you managed to sell the iMac?

    Have you called Apple to try and get an exchange or refund?
     
  6. milky23 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2005
    #6
    I am trying to save up for a MacBook Pro (the high end model) to buy sometime in the summer.
     
  7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

    Macky-Mac

    Joined:
    May 18, 2004
    #7

    waiting will only see a lower price for you.....yes there will be a smaller supply but the demand is also going to go down too as people will prefer the newer machines

    sell sell sell
     
  8. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

    sw1tcher

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #8
    Sell now. No point in waiting. The Intel iMac will only get better (faster) the longer you wait while the G5 iMac will decrease in value.
     
  9. budugu macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #9
    It will not go over the 1500$ thats for sure. If Adobe/MSFT run into problems and do not release stuff by march, that will be your last shot. If they do the release, it is just going to plumet. Even if you want to wait, think about it, it is going to be like 1 year before all channels get exhausted and stuff (amazon has it for 1350$ - and it will get worse) . You loose your warranty with it. I say if you cannot exchange it or sell it at a *low price*, use it! It is not a bad machine after all
     

Share This Page