Now that Intel and Apple tied the knot... can you see the future?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nataku, Jun 11, 2005.

1. nataku macrumors regular

nataku

now that Apple will switch to intel... what do you think developers are thinking? are they happy and excited? or are they sad and pissed? if developers do welcome this with arms wide open... i wonder if mac sales would go skyrocket. personaly, id like people to buy a mac.... but hopefully not become the next "Windows" or the next computer that almost everyone has at home. i dont know... to me... having a mac is a luxury. having a mac is something that you can be proud of. everytime i go to school and open up my powerbook... people always say wow! or gasp! or anything positive. so you get my point? how bout you guys? what do you think? :)

ps. please dont bash me if i am in the wrong forum. thanks bunch!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Judging by what I've seen here and other places, reactions are decidedly mixed. Some welcome it with open arms, others are so peeved that they leave the Mac platform, and others are largely indifferent.

As far as having a Mac goes, I think that it's not the hardware that counts - it's the amazing Mac OS X that truly makes Macs great. Of course, people will notice the hardware before the software, so it pays to have nice-looking hardware no matter what's inside.