Now THIS is absolutely pathetic...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by absolut_mac, Jan 14, 2005.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Now no one has ever accused the Los Angeles Times of being a *fair and balanced* newspaper, but this article by Joseph Menn in Today's edition - on the front page no less - takes their pathetic journalism down to new lows.

I'm not even going to quote anything from it, but basically the article is about how a tiny percentage of computer users are so fed up with the worms, viruses, spyware etc, that they have given up on the internet and taken their computer off-line.

Nowhere, not even once, in this multi-page article is there even a mention of alternatives like Apple and Linux. Nary a word that Macs don't suffer from these maladies. That the editor of the Times let this drivel go by without any comments or corrections is par for the course for these, ummm, well, you know what I mean.

For those who'd like to peruse this unbalanced garbage in order to fire off a few (keep them polite folks) letters to the editor in order to educate them a little, here's the link.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printed...oll=la-headlines-frontpage&ctrack=1&cset=true

Edited because I did quote from that drivel, only to satisfy an MR reader's request. Please don't ask for any more though, I just ate lunch and don't want to be sick!

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

3. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

"COLUMN ONE

*No More Internet for Them

Fed up over problems stemming from viruses and spyware, some computer users are giving up or curbing their use of the Web.

By Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer

Stephen Seemayer had the first Pong video game system on his block. A decade later, the Echo Park artist was the first in his neighborhood to get a personal computer. And in 1996, he was so inspired by the World Wide Web that he created a series of small paintings for viewing over the Internet.

Now the 50-year-old Seemayer is once again on the cutting edge: Sick of spam clogging his in-box and spyware and viruses crashing his system, Seemayer yanked out his high-speed connection.

"I'm not going to pay for something that I can't use," he said."

Of course Joseph Menn didn't mention that all he had to do was dump his PC and get a Mac mini for under $500.

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

:p

6. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Sounds like this "cutting-edge" aficionado uses IE6 (2001). So much for being cutting edge. He's prolly on XP Vanilla as well.