Now this is high res

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ATD, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ATD macrumors 6502a

Just thought I would share this. The technology and images are pretty amazing. I have seen Eric Hanson lecture about this and I have his Maya DVDs where he talked about this at great length. It seems he and others have taken this a step farther and created this website

http://www.xrez.com/

Try zooming in on the images it's pretty insane stuff.

2. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Isn't this the same person that took a bunch of pics of the Australian skyline and the ruins of Machu Picchu and allowed you to zoom waaaaaay in? It's awesome, real cool stuff.

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

:eek: That's insane. And Yosemite is pretty... I need to go there again...

I can't find the climber nor the hiker. Are they foolin' with me?

4. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

It may be resolution, or the people may be where the frames are stitched together- if you look at the first Boston scene you can see the strangeness in the flag and the white car's ghost behind itself.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

6. gregdowning macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I am one of the photographers from xRez. Thanks for the kudos! The Macchu Piccho and Austrailia image was a different photographer, but it was the same technique, stitching multiple images. In our case we shot about 350-600 images to create our panoramas. Be sure you go into the technology section and check out some of the time-lapse and other images too!

-Greg Downing
    http://www.xrez.com/
    http://www.gregdowning.com/

7. ATD thread starter macrumors 6502a

Greg

Good to see you here, you have some pretty amazing stuff there!!! I have been doing a lot of training though the Gnomom school DVDs (mostly Maya) and I have to say the stuff you guys do there is just mind blowing. I'm a big fan of a lot of the talent there, Eric, Alex, Dylan, yourself included. Again, excellent stuff!

8. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I saw something like this once, but I dont think it's the same thing. A guy didnt just take 600 pictures and splice them together. Just one. He used an old camera that was used in spy-planes. It (along with its film) was HUGE! I'll see if I can find the website.

Ah yes, here.

9. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Please see post #5 in this thread ;).