1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

I was all excited about the iMac g5 rumors.Now i read that apple developers are giggling at the concept of creating the g5 imac.Im glad that can find it humor in not be able to raise the bar.I guess they are laughing at themselves.I was planning on getting a g5 imac
    i dont want a g5 tower its just big .i sure hope this rumor isnt true and steve could pull one out his well you know.maybe i should get an ibook or a emac.

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Perhaps they're laughing because they have bigger and better things waiting for us. Perhaps not, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

Lee Tom

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Let's don't rule out new iMacs next week until we hear definitively from Apple. What we heard today was only rumor. If you aren't going to get a G5, then my opinion is that one of the 1.5 ghz powerbooks is about as powerful as you can get from Apple at the moment, unless you want to get one of the remaining dual G4 machines still available online from Apple.

4. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

It would be my first mac.Im going from a p4 3.0 i dont mind sacrificing alittle speed.just alittle.

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If ThinkSecret says it, 99% chance its true. Apple may still have something exciting for us at WWDC, so just wait and see... And if they don't, we cry :confused:

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Realistically an iMac at WWDC was always out of place per se...a developer conference to introduce a state of the art consumer machine? Maybe so they could drum up developer business for apps, but as far as consumers go except for games, most everything necessary for consumers is being developed pretty well. I would think it might be in August for Back to School that we would see an announcement of sorts for iMac G5, but who knows.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

for the back to school sales though apple would need to annouce a machine now so people can figure what they are spending, so schools can pick it up, ect....people arent going to be willing to buy machines so recently annouced out of the blue so close to the begining of school merely because they know nothing of the computer really and because they were planning on buying something else...

just my $.02

8. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

would it be wise to rplace an intel p4 3.0 with an emac? i dont game i do surf and send emails and nothing to graphic intense

9. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

I dunno. I really like the eMac... but to drop 2 Ghz is a lot. Try one out in a store for a while.

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I'd say no. I fully support you getting a mac, but if I were you I'd wait for a G5 iMac. It may not be this month, but it is coming.