NRSC plans multi-state attack tying Democrats to Abramoff

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 8, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, there's a strategy to win the hearts and minds of voters: "See, the other guy is just as dirty as I am!" :rolleyes:

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, the more Abramoff gets talked about, the more the 'Culture of Corruption' in the GOP gets talked about. If the GOP wants to have a discussion about Abramoff and his dealings, let's put the who thing on the table. Lay out the connections between Abramoff and everyone D or R and let the public decide. I don't want any Dems on the take any more than I want a GOPer doing it.

Bring 'em on.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well it worked so well when Bush attacked Dems for their support of him before the Iraq war. Except, you know, it didn't. Not a fan of the Dems either, but this is probably pay back for all the "trouble" Reid has been causing for them. He's one of the frontrunners for '08 and they know it.

Dirty campaigning didn't help them in the last election, I doubt it'll help them in the next.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Who's in the White House?

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I wonder if it's SOP in the GOP to have their bagmen grease a key Dem here and there as levera... blackmail against said bagman's being publicly linked to the GOP.

Trying to "give" Abramoff to the Democrats like this would seem beyond serious consideration. There is no question that Abramoff is a GOP hack, but we all know the Rove neocons have mastered irony as Picasso did paint.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Reid's a frontrunner? I hadn't heard anything about that. He'd have some stiff competition from Democrats far more palatable to the rank-and-file of the Democratic party than he himself is.

And I'm a big fan of Reid's. I just don't think a pro-life Democrat has a chance in hell of making it out of the primaries.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I meant the ones in NJ, VA, and PA. ;)

Maybe not a frontrunner, but he's certainly trying after that stunt he pulled. Didn't know he was pro-life. He certainly is gunning for something, because I just got an e-mail from my Grandmother where he was going off about something. She gets those e-mails from the Dems and sends them to us.