Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
Does anyone think that we could see small bumps for the eMac and iBook ranges on the final day of NSBA, which is tomorrow, (a tuesday)? This is a school board conference and eMacs & iBooks are Apple's education machines. If not, will we see the updates at a future event or just a press release on a tuesday?

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
I'm hoping tomorrow is a BIG day for apple. New powermacs at NAB, new emacs and imacs/ibooks at NSBA....

mmmmmm.....

(but the realistic half of me keeps bashing that possibility, maybe we'll see at least something. I'm sure apple would want some brand new hardware to show off all this brand new software.)

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
I Reckon So

Both Models are overdue for an upgrade, and i think that it is fairly likely they will get one tommorow. This is paticulaly so for the emac and 12" ibook, which really do need upgrading.

But then, how long is the emac going to continue, it looks predated, and wouldnt people rather a mac mini, which seems to be the replacing model?

Ibooks i love, i nearly got the 12" but 30gig is too low a standard, it needs to be at least a 40, my powerbook came to me, and with all apps that it came with, its already down to 38 gig, 30 isnt enough.

I really hope the ibook gets an update,
the emac needs one but im not too fussed about it.

i don't wish to be an idiot, but what does NAB stand for?

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
Ashapalan said:
Both Models are overdue for an upgrade, and i think that it is fairly likely they will get one tommorow. This is paticulaly so for the emac and 12" ibook, which really do need upgrading.

But then, how long is the emac going to continue, it looks predated, and wouldnt people rather a mac mini, which seems to be the replacing model?

Ibooks i love, i nearly got the 12" but 30gig is too low a standard, it needs to be at least a 40, my powerbook came to me, and with all apps that it came with, its already down to 38 gig, 30 isnt enough.

I really hope the ibook gets an update,
the emac needs one but im not too fussed about it.

i don't wish to be an idiot, but what does NAB stand for?

NAB is the National Association of Broadcasters. NSBA is the National School Boards Association.

And it seems like eMacs will stay alive solely in the education dept. I doubt it will get many consumer sales (and I think at some point it was only available to educators. This may happen again, but I really don't know)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.