Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by MrFusion, Nov 14, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    I am updating some programs to work in Snow leopard (10.6). 10.6 changed the pasteboard system. Copy and paste is working (finally), but dragging of "filepromises" is not.

According to the documentation (NSString *)kPasteboardTypeFileURLPromise is the new pasteboardtype rather than NSFilesPromisePboardType. But when I try to drag something to the finder, no new files are added.

I am using the following code in a "dummy" project to understand the new pasteboard system.
    The tableview is connected via its delegate and datasource to an instance of MyDocument.

#import "MyDocument.h"
    - (BOOL)tableView:(NSTableView *)aTableView writeRowsWithIndexes:(NSIndexSet *)rowIndexes toPasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pboard
    	MyClass *drag1 = [[MyClass alloc] initWithName:@"drag1"];
    	[pboard clearContents];
    	[pboard writeObjects:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:drag1,nil]];	
    	return YES;
    #import "MyClass.h"
    @implementation MyClass
    @synthesize name;
    -(id) initWithName:(NSString *) value
    	self = [super init];
    	if (self != nil) {
    		[self setValue:value forKey:@"name"];
    	return self;
    + (NSArray *)readableTypesForPasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pasteboard
    	return [NSArray arrayWithObjects:NSPasteboardTypeString,nil];
    -(NSPasteboardReadingOptions)readingOptionsForType:(NSString *)type pasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pboard 
    	return NSPasteboardReadingAsData;
    -(NSArray *) writableTypesForPasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pasteboard
    	return [NSArray arrayWithObjects:(NSString *)kPasteboardTypeFileURLPromise,NSPasteboardTypeString,@"be.terje.MyPasteboardType",nil];
    -(id) pasteboardPropertyListForType:(NSString *)type {NSLog(@"requestDataForType:%@",type);
    	NSString *str = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Test \t string data: %@", name];
    	if ([type isEqualToString:(NSString *)kPasteboardTypeFileURLPromise])
    		return [NSURL URLWithString:@"Users/Terje/Developer/Snowy/temp/testname-0.txt"];
    	if ([type isEqualToString:NSPasteboardTypeString])
    		return str;
    	NSDictionary *d1 = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:str,@"name",nil];
    	return [NSKeyedArchiver archivedDataWithRootObject:d1];
    	if ([type isEqualToString:@"MyPasteboardType"])
    		return [@"my type of pasteboard" dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];	
    	return [str dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];