NTFS External Hard Drive lost specific Data.

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by potatoemac, Aug 13, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2013
    Hey guys,

thanks alreading for checking this thread out, I'd be super happy if you could help me.

Since some time I've been working with a Seagate 1 TB external hard drive, where I have saved a lot of my data for projects (mostly videos and photos).

There's been one folder where I kept all of my data for a recent project (about 30 GB) and 4 days ago, I tried to check my data and it was gone. Only the data in this folder, I have not deleted it for sure.

So I downloaded Disk Drill (data recovery program) which instantly found my missing files under the category "existing files".
    Sadly, I can't see those files in the finder. (Screenshot: [​IMG] )

To recover these files Disk Drill wants me to upgrade to Disk Drill Pro which costs about 89$.

Nobody I've asked at a retail store could help me, connecting the drive to windows didn't do anything. The files are some how gone, but yet exist.

Maybe you can help me:

a) is there an alternative for Disk Drill, I've tried many, they didn't work
    b) I'm reading NTFS with MacFUSE & NTFS-3g, should I use something different
    c) do you have any experience to share with me? I'm starting to get desperate.

Thank you so much for every piece of information, I really need this data ASAP.