Nuclear Board Said to Rebuff Bush Over Iran

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Nov 19, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

does this mean we'll see the administration ramp up its "iran is bad" rhetoric?

can the US public be whipped into yet another we-should-invade-without-UN-approval frenzy?

2. jonapete2001 macrumors regular

Re: Nuclear Board Said to Rebuff Bush Over Iran

We should not invade(yet). Only invade if the refuse to follow the rules. I do not want another war, but if they do not comply the UN telling them they bad and they dont like it wont stop them. I wish it would.

Why are they building nuclear reactors any way. Just to make eveyone else made.

I want no war but if it is neccessary it wont come for a long time. Bush would have to get reelected first and Iraq would have to settle down. I do also note that Iraq would be a great jumping off point to invade Iran.( coinsadince, I tend to think not)!

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Re: Nuclear Board Said to Rebuff Bush Over Iran

what if the UN Security Council doesn't write such a resolution?

4. wwworry macrumors regular

Re: Re: Nuclear Board Said to Rebuff Bush Over Iran

All these people who have never been in a war calling for war. You probably have not even experienced a death first hand. Re-elect the AWOL president so we can go to war.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

this is the problem with the U.N can they do anything without the u.s. jamming it down their throat?not really just a big beuracratic mutual admiration society for politicians,lawyers and paper pushers. Anyone who thinks Iran doesnt want the bomb is blind.The U.N see no evil,hears no evil and we all know all they do is talk so im sure a lot of evil is being spoken. perhaps the U.N. should be restricted to simply selling cookies

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well of course they want the bomb! What other possible lesson would you learn from the differences between the Bushies handling of Iraq and North Korea? NK has nukes, and is safe from US invasion. Iraq didn't have them and was invaded. Calling Pavlov!

And lest we forget, we also control the country to the east of Iran as well... What was the name of that place... Ohhh yeah! Afghanistan! Perhaps that is making Iran even more nervous. Unintended consequences? It wouldn't be the first time our "good deeds" and "spreading of democracy" made things worse down the line.

Oh and the UN has done many good things through many of their missions around the world. Saying they do nothing is a complete falsehood. Saying they don't do everything we want them to is true, but that is hardly the same thing!

7. abdul macrumors member

the UN follows international law. Innocent until proven quilty is one of the basics of any lawbiding society. if Iran have nukes im sure with the more intensive inspections Iran has signed up they will be found. lets just learn our lesson from Iraq........dont jump the gun

8. jonapete2001, Nov 23, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012

jonapete2001 macrumors regular

Re: Re: Re: Nuclear Board Said to Rebuff Bush Over Iran

[q

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nuclear Board Said to Rebuff Bush Over Iran

truly bad ideas don't scale.

if international law is truly a bad idea, then i have to believe that laws of all levels are a bad idea.

10. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

International law is not a joke. It is, however, constantly dismissed by the US as such. When we treat international law as a joke, other nations see no reason to treat it seriously either, though that attitude is starting to change, (see Kyoto Protocol).

Without international law to guide us, relationships between nations would consist of nothing but armed conflict, with the biggest guns winning. Unfortunately, the US continues to follow this policy when international law does not bend to it's whims.

The US is far from the only nation to abuse international law, but in so doing we also damage our reputation and authority world-wide. If we would take a leadership position, rather than a spoiled-brat position, the entire planet would be better off.