Nudie Jeans

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

wow, i dont know if i could go six months without washing my jeans, imagine all of the food and whatnot that would end up all over 'em

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Image the people who like to go commando wearing those jeans for six months.

I think the visual character they pick would only be overwhelmed by the aroma. :eek:

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

good point, yeah, and i imagine the guy going commando with those jeans for six months would think of himself as the coolest dude too Haha

on another note, they are nice looking jeans

5. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Lure me in with the convincing title and then hit me with a pair of regular looking jeans. I see how it is... :p

No, on topic, these things look awesome. I am the sort of person who spend so much time here and at my own forums :eek: that I am too lazy to wash my own jeans. May need to pick up a pair of these. They seem perfect for me... :cool:

6. brap macrumors 68000

Just another pair of wussy pre-faded, pre-creased, pre-rolled, pre-packed jeans.

N.B. does not include mandatory blond hi-light treatment.

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

they sound pretty good... but you'd just have to be real careful not to get anything on them... but by the sounds of it when they're dry they're almost water resistant - so if you wiped it off quickly it'd probably be okay.

these jeans are very personal, like a second skin... after 6 months i think they may become like your underwear... after you've been wearing them for 2 weeks they become a part of you. :p

now, to find somewhere that sells these jeans in Australia... :rolleyes:

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

lol lol...

well i see someone's been in a gay bar pre-2002, or i suppose, a denny's or target since..

9. brap macrumors 68000

I'm just bitter. I have no style.

:)

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

How do we know you don't own this company or trying to sell under a referral fee?

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

wdlove doesn't have that much style. :p

wdlove is more probably more likely to pick up a pair of Dockers impregnated with teflon than jeans with teflon.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Found this Q&A on their site:

:eek:

13. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Return of the Grunge. No thanks. There's enough pollution in the world, and suicidal musicians.

14. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

This looks rather interesting. Doesn't look like they are very widely avaiable though. I would like to get me a pair.

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

indeed, i checked that out too, only one place in chicago sells em, maybe ill get around to checkin em out sometime if i have a chance....

16. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Yeah the chicago one is the closest to me as well. I think im gonna call "Jake" Tomorrow. I hope he ships.

17. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

post us a price if he does .... I might be in the market too

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't see the fascination with these jeans. Its not made of any special materials, is it?

They say don't wash them, but is it just made of normal denim with the added advice that you don't wash them? Heck, I don't need to wash any of my current jeans either if I don't want to.

Dry denim........sounds like marketing more than anything else.

19. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Tried them

¥eah I bought some Nudie jeans last year, an the salesguy, told me not to wash them for as long as I could.
    I managed to hold out for three weeks after that I just could not wear them and not feel dirty. I am a couple of washes down the road now and they still look good, maybe not as good if I had not washed them at all but hey you don't want to run around smelling your own jeans…

20. doumbek macrumors member

This is nothing new

All Dungarees are designed as "work clothes" (ie. mining, farming,). This goes for clothing such as Carhartt's as well.

If you actually use them for work (I did, as I use to work on a directional boring crew), you learn that brand new untreated denim repels dirt.

Yep, that's right unless you get some kind of messy wet stain, or grease, you can just brush the dry dirt off and you are good to go. :eek:

And in my opinion, if people wear undergarments, a tee-shirt and underwear, most people aren't really getting their clothes dirty when they go to work and type on their computer. Unless you don't bathe, or have a bladder control problem that is.

Just think about it folk's, how many times do you have to wash your denim jackets.

This company is just giving instructions how to wear any denim pants we buy. Nothing new or shocking. I do this with the El Cheapo Éspecial jeans that I buy to work in. And I like my jeans extra thick and as dark blue as humanly possible. It's so sweet to pick up a pair of new jeans that feel like they have been soaking in starch for a week. :D

And before you start imagining the smell that I must exude. I have work clothes, and clothing for when I am going to be around people. I personally detest the casual look that as become so prevalent in western society.

And just for the record my style has been described as lumberjack meets James Bond. :p Just put the Brawny Lumberjack into a late 60's vintage Pierre Cardin suit, and there I am.

21. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I have no interest in the company at all. Just happened to come across an article about this company in a local free paper that is handed out mainly at the MBTA, our mass transit.

Like others I don't think that I could go even a month without washing. Didn't really look at the price, but I imagine that they are out of my price bracket. I very rarely even wear jeans.

22. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

The price at Jake was only $185 :rolleyes: Not sure if I can justify that sort of money for Jeans.

23. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well looks like i will be sticking to my Gap jeans or Levis then because at least those are in my price range ;)

24. ldburroughs macrumors 6502

These are just disgusting! Please wash your clothes more frequently than once every six months! No amount of Febreeze will help these bad boys after a few weeks on a person. If you won't clean your clothes at least consider a shower. Just imagine stepping out of the shower - clean as can be - only to slide back into a pair of jeans covered in body soil and other hidden elements. Maybe they should sell sheets this way too. Just take a bath before you go to bed and don't bother cleaning your sheets. Gross!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.