Discussion in 'Community' started by Cursor, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Cursor macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    Just wondering what anybody thought about North Korea's suprise announcement about their new nuclear program. Anybody think they have a bomb? Think they'll use it? I am curious what the MacRumors members from Japan (or living in Japan now) think about all this. I for one think North Korea would use a bomb if and when they get one. Anybody think we'll have a two-fronted war coming up-Iraq AND North Korea?
  2. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    Well if you really want a ****ty scenario..

Imagine this:

We invade Iraq. It's going to happen. Worst case scenario: heavy urban combat, moderate losses. Saddam uses his WMD against us and Israel. Israel retaliates and many of the Arab nations use this as a reason to declare war on Israel.

North Korea invades the South due to economic reasons. North Korea has nothing left to loose and the famine is begining to affect the upper parts of the Communist party. Japan quickly becomes involved in order to protect it's own borders.

Pakistan and India once again escalate over Kashmir. They go nuclear and blast each other off the face of the world.

And then..China decides to make a grab for Taiwan..

Hows that for a doomsday scenario..

If all of that were to happen at the same time... :eek:

Ah well, it never will..hopefully..
  3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    The US will declare war on anyone it wants to.

I'm sure the NSA will be able to dig up some ca. 1997 recording of the North Korean deputy minister of tourism saying "al Qaida" on the phone or something, which would give Bush the ability to say, "North Korea is knowingly consorting with terrorists, which makes North Korea itself a rogue terrorist nation, and all such nations must be stopped by any means necessary."

Actually let me translate that into his exact words: "North Korea is a bad, bad country, knowingly consorting with bad guys, evil guys, real evil terrorists. North Korea is a rogue terrorist nation, and in the secret of the War on Terrorism, all such stations must be stopped by any means necessarily."

Attached Files:

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    This is just an official announcement - there has been rumors for years that they've had a bomb. And they also have 22" railway gun pointed towards Soeul, so I'm guessing nukes in the cannon are a pretty good possibility.

What does it all mean? Just one more thing to make people nervous. I just hope some day things all calm down and people in charge don't need to have nukes in their arsonal.

5. Cursor thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    Hitman's scenario has crossed my mind. I hope it doesn't happen either, but war can escalate pretty quick. I think some countries are just looking for an excuse to go-India/Pakistan, North Korea, China. This whole thing fascinates me. I always thought the Cold War was tense, but I would have taken that over uneasy times like now. At least then, we knew that the nukes were in the hands of people smart enough not to use them.
  6. Shrek macrumors 65816

Jul 23, 2002
    Nashville, Tennessee USA
    IMHO, World War III could break out if there is an all-at-once massive wave of Al Qaeda terrorist attacks in the free world. Right now, that seems inevitable. :(
  7. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2002
    Washington DC USA
    Bush has his hands in too many things. Just like Clinton had his hands in too many women. ;)