Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scotty476

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
I have Office v.X and i have a new mac and i put office on it and tried to open a program and it said i had used all of the licences for it. How many times will it let you install the program. I had a few problems with my old computer and had to reinstall office a few times. Any suggestions on how i can get office to work on my new mac since i dont use the old one anymore.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Scotty476 said:
I have Office v.X and i have a new mac and i put office on it and tried to open a program and it said i had used all of the licences for it. How many times will it let you install the program. I had a few problems with my old computer and had to reinstall office a few times. Any suggestions on how i can get office to work on my new mac since i dont use the old one anymore.

are you opening the regular office v.x or the test drive? when i first installed office on my mac i forgot to uninstall the test drive and had some problems....just a thought.

Scotty476

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
It is the full version, there was no previous version of office on the new computer

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Don't know what the problem is. I have currently installed the ed version on four (4) machines - though one is totally inoperable, but I never got that message that I used my license limit. Are you running all of your machines with office installs at the same time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.