Number Pad won't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by da_alchemist, Sep 15, 2003.

1. macrumors member

My number pad on my keyboard doesn't work all of a sudden. Anyone know how to fix? I have to press the shift first before pressing the numbers in order for it to work.

Thanx.

2. macrumors regular

I am having the same problem, but I didn't know about the shift holding to use it.

If anybody knows what this is, I'm sure that both of us would appreciate it.

Thanx

3. thread starter macrumors member

Number pad fix

Hi.

Go to System Preferences / Universal Access / Mouse and turn "Mouse Keys" off.

4. macrumors regular

Thanx for your help, that was really bothering me for a while there. Especially when I was trying to do speadsheets and the like.

On a separate note, my eject button doesn't eject my internal drive, all it does is pops up the fancy graphic. It won't open or close the drive unless I use something like iTunes to do it.

5. thread starter macrumors member

that's strange. I've never heard of that happening before. I'm sorry I can't help on that one.

6. macrumors newbie

number pad is not working

Hi, I've checked my system preferences and my mouse key was already off and I still can't get my number pad to work, any other suggestions…? please help.