Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
California
I have an iPad Air 2 with Numbers and Pages installed. I use Pages often but very rarely use Numbers. That being said, I am constantly finding Numbers running in the background. It must be starting itself. It is haunted. I don't currently have any Numbers docs, so I couldn't even accidentally be staring it up. Even if I was, I'd see it because it would open in front of everything else. It's just appearing in my active list when I close all apps (I usually never have more than one app running.)

Anyone have an idea why this might be happening? Apart from my iPad being haunted...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So it's just that it appears in the list of recent apps basically? Do you turns off or restart your iPad at times?

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
California
I almost never restart my iPad. Usually only when I do an update. Numbers is on the second page, so there's no way I'm accidentally hitting it. Even if it was, I'd see it open. What happens is I double click to close open apps, and there it is, way at the back, Numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.