numlock on apple bluetooth keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Stevp1, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Stevp1 macrumors regular

Dec 8, 2003
    I just got the Apple brand BT keyboard to use with my Powerbook. All is well except for one thing. When I'm in Virtual PC, I can't use the 10key number pad. It acts just like the numlock is off on a regular keyboard, but there's no Numlock key on this KB.

Any suggestions?
  2. powerboy macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2004
    I have the same problem using Microsoft Remote Desktop to control my PC. I am just using the regular Apple keyboard. I would really like to know how to turn the number lock on. Anyone?
  3. mustard macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2005
    I don't think the 10-Keys are supported in VPC it has been that way for the last couple versions I have used.
  4. iEdd macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    Microsoft windows num lock system is retarded. It's like an on/off switch for the keyboard that only works on the num pad. The only point of "num lock" is on a laptop, so you can turn the keyboard into a numeric pad like a calculator.
  5. plinkoman macrumors 65816

Jul 2, 2003
    New York
    ah, but your forgetting, windows keyboards have a second set of home, end, pgup, and pgdn, and we all know how useful having a SECOND set of those is :rolleyes:
  6. bilbobaggins42 macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2006
    Clear Key

Try hitting the "Clear" key on the 10key numberpad. It worked for me in VPC7 with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard :)
  7. Steinar F macrumors newbie

Apr 5, 2011
    I think there is another solution, but for now, it works for me to switch from Mac to PC on the back of my bluetooth calculator keypad (SMK-LINK).