Nursing Most honest profession

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Dec 11, 2003.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

Seems nurses and pharmacists have gone back and forth for most trusted profession these last few years, eh? Congrats! Maybe we RPh's will take it back next year ;) What is your practice area?

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

whats odd is that site is the same look and format of one of my local news stations. they must be part of the same network or something.

iJon

5. howard macrumors 68020

howard

thats great.

nursing is so important and your job is to help people and make them feel comfortable when they are suffering, and don't forget the whole saving lives part!

hurry for nurses!

6. zoetropeuk macrumors regular

Mainly because women are far more honest then men.

7. Mantat macrumors 6502a

//Mainly because women are far more honest then men.

From where to do take that from? I have read studies (scientific ones) that show that there is NO difference in ethic between sexes. Its all about perception. The only difference is in the level of violence. Men tend to tolerate to be closer to violence than women BUT they would both do the action with the same result.

One of the reason we always hear about bad business men or politician is because 99% who have these position are men! In about 50 years it should be evently distributed and you will hear about bad ass female CEO.

Sorry to change subject but comment like these really tick me off!

I wonder whats the position of accountant because its another very important position, in fact it could be seen as more important than a vet...

8. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

My practice has mainly been in the Medical - Surgical area. Air Force Surgical Ward, VA 1st Medical Ward, 2nd Surgical Ward, Transplant, and back to Surgical. USAFR OB/GYN Ward and Military Evacuation as a Flight Nurse. All of which I'm very proud.

I happen to think of myself being honest. It is a big part of the profession.

9. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I would hope so since anyone in the medical field partakes on a lengthy schooling and training period.

10. phrancpharmD macrumors regular

I have some VA experience myself - I trained at the VA in Jamaica Plain, and worked at the VA in Charleston SC. No military service for me though, but I'm sure that the patients are as appreciative as in the VA. Congratulations again!

11. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

When were you at Jamaica Plain VA? Where did you go for your Phamacology training? Thank you for your support of Nursing.

I attended "Primary Medicine East" here in Boston last month. In a seminar about making aplogies the physician commented about the value fo a nurse. It got a great round of applause. :)