Nvidea or ATI Card?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dlastmango, Oct 31, 2004.

1. dlastmango macrumors 6502

How much performance difference should I expect between the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT DDL and the ATI Radeon 9800 XT.

I am doing FCP, DVD Studio Pro and Motion work. all on 1 New 20" Apple LCD.

do you think its worth the $45 upgrade???

Thanks

Chris :eek:

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

DEFINITELY

The 6800GT is up to twice as fast in certain benchmarks... Go for it!

On another note, the 6800GTs will not be shipping till mid to late November...

3. dlastmango thread starter macrumors 6502

EWWWW

Well if that shipping estimate is correct than i guess i will live with out it. I have been waiting almost 3 weeks so far. another 4 would be hard to stand...unless its worth it... by your last post its seems like i'd be foolish not to get it...

do you know how apple handles a change in a placed order... if i change the card do i get put at the end of the line or do they accomodate me as much as possible... my current est ship date is Nov 19th...thanks

chris :cool:

4. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Usually if they update it they place another order at that new date on which you updated. However, if you ask them to keep your position in the que I believe they can accomodate you. I heard that the ship date of the 6800GT is as early as 11/15/04 for some, but I'm currently sitting at 11/29/04... :cool: