nVidia GeForce 4.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by chewbaccapits, Dec 6, 2002.

1. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

...64mb(DDR) TI4200 AGP Video Card is on sale at Fry's for 99.00 bucks.....I want to upgrade my card on my MAC..I have a sawtooth 450 Single processor with a AGP 16mb video card..I think...Is it a good replacement???

2. chewbaccapits thread starter macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Okay...

11 "VIEWS" and no response huh?...No even a smarta$$ remark?

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

great question jackass

that smartass enough?

are you 100% sure this is the geforce for mac? if not, it is risky. also, not sure of the specs but you may have an agp 2 slot and the card is 4 or 8... not sure how that affects it if at all.. that's for the nerds to say.

also. put it in mac help/questions next time.

4. chewbaccapits thread starter macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

First off, thanks for the smartass remark and the "tech" reply...But I have admit, it bugs the hell out of me when members try to boss others around by telling them where and where NOT to put threads...At least, to me, it comes off as bossing around and, actually, rude. Its really not your place to tell others where to start threads...

5. vniow macrumors G4

No, it's up to the members themselves to post threads in the right place.....

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: nVidia GeForce 4.....

this is not for mac. only the geforce 4 ti and mx were made for mac. but..... there are nvidia drivers on the mac and i really thing this will work. i have a ti4400 in my pc and a powermac but i really dont feel like unplugging everythign and swapping things out. it should just work just fine unless you have an adc monitor. vga should work fine. ive put mac cards with adc in my pc and everything worked. go for it, just keep the packaging nice and neat and maybe you can return it if it doesnt work.

iJon

7. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

its not a matter of bossing around, it helps keep the site organized if people post in the correct forums. Rules Reminder check number 3.

8. chewbaccapits thread starter macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

9. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

So asking a specific question concerning hardware upgrades for your mac qualifies as a random discussion?

Look around the community forum...:rolleyes:...and the official poop thread.

But hey whatever, post wherever the heck you like...not my problem. :rolleyes: Lighten up. :)

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

don't worry folks. he was only kidding

i pray.

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The Macintosh version is like the 4600, not the 4200 or 4400, according to the specifications.