NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT Port Question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by maxvamp, Jan 17, 2006.

1. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

Sorry, I have looked through the Apple site, and I cannot seem to find the question about to be posed.

Currently I have a ATI 9800 on my PowerMac G4, and I love it. One feature that makes life a little easier is the Video out it has in the card. This make kicking video work out to an editing monitor a bit easier.

Question I have is... which, if any of the PM Video card have a video port. I know that the NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT supports a lot of video out features, but the question is... Does it have a video port?

Thank you for your help,

Max.

Also, if anyone has a good suggestion to get video out of the PM, good advice is welcomed.

Max.

2. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Apple sells a DVI to S-Video and Composite adapter.

3. maxvamp thread starter macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

4. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Hmm, my 7800GT came with 2 DVI ports(+ 2 VGA adapters) and a connection doggle that allows S-video out/in, Composite in/out. I would think the PM one would include it as well. Hopefully you don't have to buy one.

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I thought the 7800 Apple Edition is only PCI-Express, not AGP 8X, which is in your G$ PowerMac. Am I wrong? If so, please give a link of an AGP Apple version of the 7800!!

6. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

There aren't any 7800 AGP models, that's for sure. AGP is dead ;)

7. maxvamp thread starter macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

Sorry for the confusion

My G4 PowerMac is a DA 733 running with two 1.42 GigaDesigns G4s and a Radeon 9800, but I am looking to replace this beast soon with a Quad G5. The reasononing for the question was to see if I could use the G5 as a drop in replacement for the G4.