Nvidia graphic card help!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by lazyboy922, Jan 30, 2004.

1. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

I have a nvidia geforce4 ti 4800 se graphic card in my pc. I know this is a mac, forum, but hopefully you can help! The problem is, the second monitor I have hooked up, cannot get the colors right on the monitor. I have tried several monitors that I know are correct, but they all have the same problem. I am thinking maybe it is the adapter is bad? but any other suggestions is much appreciated. I cant stand the yellowish screen any more!

2. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

yeah, check the pins on the connector. maybe one of them broke off or something. another possibility is there's something wrong with the cable itself.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    like the previous poster said the pins,
    also do a check on the drivers I know this is kinda obvious, but sometimes we overlook this.

have u tried making ur second monitory the 1st and the 1st the 2nd, that way you know its not the monitors

4. lazyboy922 thread starter macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

Yes all the pins seem to be intact. I also hace tried the 1st monitor thing with the same result. I will buy a new apapter today to see if this helps, but it doesn't look likely. I am buying a second flat panel today, so I dont want the screen to look horrible like on the crt i had connected. I guess I will try to download the newest version, if thats not the case, I dont know what else to do?

5. Alte22a macrumors 6502

Are the colours slightly off, ie not identical rather than very different. This is a comon problem even cinema displays do that as well. you need some kinda of hardware monitor calibration.