Nvidia's newer driver Forceware

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dont Hurt Me, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thought here may be a good place for this one, Just downloaded the new for PCs NVidia Forceware drivers 81.95 which covers most of the GPU's its made over the past few years. PC Version mind you so perhaps a Mac version is on the way for those who use Nvidia and Macs. Anyways to get to the point after installing these new drivers i have seen a clear improvement in UT2K4 & Doom3 frame rates. very noticeable. Upon reading the info on the new drivers some games will see as much as a 10% improvement in frame rates. I would say thats about what i have seen in those 2 games. Nothing like more frames!:)

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice if nVidia took a more active part in developing and releasing drivers for the Mac. ATI currently has them completely beaten in that regard - and the ATI Displays control panel is a great piece of software.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

4. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

nVidia never made drivers for OS X. Apple makes their own drivers for the nVidia cards.

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

True and from apple history they would rather just let someone else do it. Notice almost all Ati products in Macs these days.

Went back and did my own time demo with Quake 4 and it looks like on the average i picked up a few frames, about 3 with Quake4 at 1280 x 1024 while running the medical complex. So it looks like the drivers have been improved, also reading through the read me they fixed lots of issues and lil bugs etc. I do Wonder if Apple will even bother updating its drivers but you would think so with them selling the 7800 and all.