NWN for mac overpriced !?

Discussion in 'Games' started by phill1234, Mar 8, 2006.

1. phill1234 macrumors member

phill1234

So i ordered the game on mac and payed 85$ for the original version and one of the xpack... my friend bough the the diamond version for pc for 30$ he got the 2 xpack and didnt wait a week for it to come... so i just got riped off alot of money !! :mad: Any way i can get the game for cheap as this ?????

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Sorry, but with the small Mac gaming market, you'll have to pay for it.
    It's not really a ripoff as it takes time and money to port a game.

The good news is with Intel Macs, and the possibility of running Windows, you might just be able to dual boot and get the PC version of the game.

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

All Mac games are 'overpriced' compared to their PC counterparts.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The PC version came out at the same price as the Mac version, but its been out longer and thus has gone through several price drops while the Mac version has not.

5. Toreador93 macrumors regular

There is a fairly involved way to get the PC version to work on a Mac. My friend did it, and it's fairly stable now.

The threads should still be around at bioware's website. I'll try searching for it (because I'm so nice). If I recall, the DVD PC version is easier to convert than all the CDs. Also, you'll probably need a PC to install it on first, so you can transfer the installed files on your mac. It's a bit of effort, but I think it's worth saving the money. Especially since I waste my time modding things anyway :)

Edit:
    And I'm back. Start with THIS thread, and search your way from there.

6. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

hey i would like to play this with some fellow mac members so maybe we can start a campaign with some people from MR...

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Thanks for that link! I've been thinking about getting this game for 2 years now, but never have mainly due to the high Mac pricing.

Although, in a recent thread it was pointed out that you can get it from the Apple store for $30 now, so not that bad. But, $40 for all the expansions is even better, and I cna probably snag it off ebay for much less... so thanks again!

8. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Unless it's Blizzard, then it's just a hybrid CD. :D

The real problem is that he original developers and publishers have no interest in porting to the Mac, so they sell the rights to someone like MacSoft and Aspyr, who have to recover their costs in addition to their development costs...