NYC Apple Store update

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by teabgs, Mar 14, 2002.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

So seeing as its a great day here in NYC I decided to have a little walk to the site of the future apple store in NYC. Its totally empty, there is nothing inside except for two foam boards. No tools, no trash, nothing at all. It is 2 stories with the top being a bit smaller then the bottom and all painted white. There is a banner for the construction company on the window but nothing else.

BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS GOING HOME...
    I found an iMac(origional) box on the street and looked inside to find a 7100 and a 6100 PPC. I know I know...no iMac, but still its cool. So I decided to take them along with the monitors and an Epson Stylus 800. I cant believe they were in the trash. So, I couldnt carry them and I couldnt get a cab in rush hour with a huge heavy box. Luckily I was near work and got a coworker to bring me a hand truck. I then pushed the computers and printer to my apartment about 1.5 miles away. :D

I havent checked to see if they work/what their specs are/software on them, because IM sitting here sweating like a pig. Im gonna get some water and then plug them in.

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

What?

Thats odd. Not very good for an Apple Store to leave computers outside...

3. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

This wasnt outside the apple store, just happened on my way back.

The apple store doesnt have ANYTHING inside, its totally empty. It doesnt even look like theyre doing work on it right now. From the looks, I doubt it opens by July.

On a sad note, the computers dont work. Someone had opened them up and smashed the harddrives. They were unconnected and tampered with...looks like a screwdriver. Oh well. Now to check if the printer works...