Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I was told that it was going to open in July...

Well, that will make three Apple Stores within 50 miles of my NJ home I can visit! :D

But I think the NYC one has to be there. I mean, how many people live in the big city? Several million. How many use Macs? About 40000 or 50000 maybe? I am just guessing. But if each of those living in the BA (and even some peecee users) pitch in and purchase some quality material from the store, that place might be making millions in no time.

I think I am too young to apply for a job there, though. :D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by King Cobra
I think I am too young to apply for a job there, though. :D

getting a job there is tougher than they make it sound.... "if your dream job is working for apple and talking about apple...." they make it sound like as long as you love apple and its products you're all set.... but no. what a lie! ha.

i know someone who interviewed but got shot down......

yeah, it's about time they have one in the city. though, they had a decent amount of mac authorized resellers so it wasn't that bad. but let's be honest, apple stores are just too cool to not want to have one close by

ametfan86

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2002
they have the black wall thinggy outside up..... i took a peak in a vvvverty small crack in the door and i saw a stair case leading up to the 2nd floor.,.... music , pro and movie... all on the right hand side, and what look to be a 2nd floor .... the 2nd floor is no a full floor.... there is a glass "rail" and from there you can look down ... and i think i swa another rail on what looks like a 3rd floor!!

gunna be awsome too bad i wont be there to see the finish product on opening day

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

i know someone who interviewed but got shot down......

who me? :D

yeah....it's VERY hard to get a job there....especially the New York one. I made it to the first round of interviews, where they picked the top 150 candidates from about 1500. This is just for Part time Sales too!!! crazy...I didnt make it to the next round though :mad: ...they were picking 75 and then giving 25 of those people jobs...

very very competitive...oh how I wanted that job!...oh well

mueng

macrumors member
May 20, 2002
Michigan
Do Apple Store employees get any discount on stuff in the store?

If so, maybe that's why everyone wants to work there...;)

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by mueng
Do Apple Store employees get any discount on stuff in the store?

If so, maybe that's why everyone wants to work there...;)

yes.

for apple products its not a set percentage. It depends how much stuff you buy, and depends on special deals, etc apple does for employees.

They also get 10% off 3rd party products that are in the store...

nice gig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.