O Great...New Nano has RECESSED Headphone Port???!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sixth, Sep 7, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

I have been looking at the Nano unboxing pics and noticed that it has the same style recessed headphone port as the iPhone has. What gives??? And still NO ONE makes a decent headphone adapter!!

2. macrumors G4

Chundles

No it doesn't.

Macworld's First Look article clearly states that it's fine for use with all third party earphones.

The image on iLounge's site doesn't show a recessed jack - it's just a normal headphone jack.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Aight just making sure, I swear those picks look really close to my iPhone's port...thanks for the reply.

4. macrumors regular

kevinbal

Since I have my new RED nano right here, I can tell you without a doubt that it is not a recessed port, no worries there.

5. macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

Apple would have a major riot on their hands if they tried to put in a recessed headphone connector on their new iPod models. :eek: Thank the right sentient upstairs they didn't! :)

6. macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Does the Touch have the recessed port like the iphone?

7. macrumors regular

Yes, the iPod touch's port is not recessed. This was confirmed, and shown in pictures of the device.

8. macrumors 6502

Sorry, but I'm dying to know how video looks on the new nano. Could you actually watch a movie without your eyes throbing?

9. macrumors regular

kevinbal

Steve wasn't blowing smoke when he said this screen is amazing... it truly is. I watched a Simpsons episode on it to see how it was... I haven't watched a feature length movie yet.

It is a small screen though, so keep that in mind. But the quality is just incredible.. I could see myself watching a movie on a flight or something with this no problem.

10. macrumors 601

gloss

PC Mag said it looks phenomenal.

11. macrumors 6502

Oooh, they have a full review up now?

12. macrumors 6502

Thank you very much!

13. macrumors 601

gloss

Yup. 4.5/5 stars. They say it's the absolute best player in its price range.