Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
You cannot get a day closer to a date you do not know. I understand your logic, but you are completely wrong.

Not to flame or anything but... as the days go by towards a date in the future (even though the exact date is not known) then are we not getting closer to this presumed date in the future?

ShivneelSingh

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Yesterday when I was whinging about my iP4's screen (getting it replaced today) and I asked them about the upcoming 5, 4 different employees flat denied any information regarding the pending release and said it would be highly unlikely to be announced without any pre training/information.

I don't know whether this is just a blag or not, but I've had the contract 6 weeks so there's no reason to lie to me.

I guess time will tell.:confused:

I went to the Apple Store an HOUR before the iPad 2 was officially announced and I "numbingly" asked if there was a new iPad coming out, and 3 different employees said they have not idea. Remember they said this an HOUR before it was officially announced...

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
I went to the Apple Store an HOUR before the iPad 2 was officially announced and I "numbingly" asked if there was a new iPad coming out, and 3 different employees said they have not idea. Remember they said this an HOUR before it was officially announced...

This. Same thing happened to me.

I was actually in an Apple store few days before the iPad 2 announcement and the one employee I spoke to said he didn't know.

----------

Yesterday when I was whinging about my iP4's screen (getting it replaced today) and I asked them about the upcoming 5, 4 different employees flat denied any information regarding the pending release and said it would be highly unlikely to be announced without any pre training/information.

I don't know whether this is just a blag or not, but I've had the contract 6 weeks so there's no reason to lie to me.

I guess time will tell.:confused:

Don't expect retail Apple employees to tell you anything about future products.

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Wasn't it AT&T who blocked leave dates for their employees around the end of September? And that with the increased hires around September, too... That matches with this O2 report and the other Telecom (?) report that someone posted about...
I guess it could be true then... September iPhone release?! Or at least the September event to showcase the iPhone...

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
I like the fact no one is going near the fact this might be new displays with a 4G and 4S branding rather than a 4G and 5G branding to replace the current 3GS and 4G stands in action at the moment.

Ill laugh my socks off at everyones dissapointment if apple release an iPhone 4GS and the 5 doesnt roll along until this time next year.

I still feel a 4GS is more likely than a true 5 this year (or knowing apple, they will release a 4GS now, wait for the fanboy early adopters to upgrade, then release the 5 in feb and double down on the purchases)

Or even more likley, no new iphone at all, and this is just rebranded store displays showing off the new iOS features

Cynical, me, never !

Last edited:

obamtl

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
I like the fact no one is going near the fact this might be new displays with a 4G and 4S branding rather than a 4G and 5G branding to replace the current 3GS and 4G stands in action at the moment.

Ill laugh my socks off at everyones dissapointment if apple release an iPhone 4GS and the 5 doesnt roll along until this time next year.

I still feel a 4GS is more likely than a true 5 this year (or knowing apple, they will release a 4GS now, wait for the fanboy early adopters to upgrade, then release the 5 in feb and double down on the purchases)

Or even more likley, no new iphone at all, and this is just rebranded store displays showing off the new iOS features

Cynical, me, never !

The 5th generation iPhone (incremental or not) will likely be called iPhone 5 (or 5 something if there are multiple variations of the device). Even if all they upgrade is the processor, that doesn't stop Apple from calling it an iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.