Oakland Raiders on the doorstep of the greats

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Jan 13, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

in the superbowl era, the oakland raiders could be up there with the 49ers, cowboys, and the steelers...5, 5, and 4 superbowl wins respectively

i know it's a stretch, but if the raiders get past the titans next week, and win the superbowl the following week...then that will give them their 4th superbowl ring

and this is a further stretch, but if the old men of the raiders...brown, rice, gannon, woodson, and others...stay healthy thru next season and all agree to a salary cut to stem their salary cap issues they have now....then maybe they could get a fifth ring and be up there with the 49ers and cowboys

it would be great to have an afc team with five superbowl wins!

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Man, the 49ers should have beat the Bucs. The Bucs D is overrated. The 49ers O Line played like dirt, and they didnt give Garcia enough time in the pocket. Garcia needs to learn to scramble to his LEFT, for ONCE.

The Bucs got very lucky scoring wise. I believe they had scored off of 4 turnovers. All of them were the luckiest things I have ever seen. An interception when a linebacker was going for a tackle, but the ball bounces into his chest? A interception of T. Owens leg? A fubmle by barely hitting the ball twice?

Thats crap. The niners should have beat the bucs. The bucs will go nowhere. They have no quarterback (they have one but he is not that good), and no offence. They have a few good players but they just wont get it together.

The Eagles D is too quick. They hit hard and will shut down the bucs.

It will be Radiers and Eagles in the Superbowl, and it is going to be a good game.

3. chrisfx811 macrumors regular

why is it whenever someone does not like a team, they refer to every moment as "luck".
    first off it wasn't luck that the 49ers got to tampa in the 1st place... it was by the refs screwing the giants! talk about luck. anyone remember the ravens winning the superbowl with almost no offense whatsoever? not to mention the bucs shut down michael vick to end the reg season... yeah they sure are overrated:rolleyes:

4. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

sorry folks, Oakland is gonna watch this one from the stands.

I see Tennessee/Philly in the big game. The Bucks aren't going to upset Philly.

Tennessee, however has a good chance to beat OAkland, they just need a couple of things to happen. One, no interceptions. McNair is healthy, except for the chunk of thumbskin he lost Saturday, and those four picks he threw in the season oakland game have been rattiling around in his head. Don't look for any in this game. Two: they gotta stop the run. The Titans are the best team in the leauge when it comes to managing the cloack, and shutting down the run is the first key to this. The otherside, is having a strong run going on offense. Gannon can't throw four hundred yards if he's only got the ball for twenty minutes. Make Oakland one dimentional, and they go down.

The way I see it, this is Tennessee's game to lose. I sdon't think oakland is a better team, I think they are well matched. It'll be dirty and it'll be ugly and it'll be physical, but the championship should be.

[​IMG]

[edit] sorry, posted the wrong image before[/edit]

5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Oakland!

Look for the Raiders to be playing the Eagles.

On one of his good days, the Bucs can't stop McNabb, but if he screws around, then look for the Bucs to be playing Oakland.

6. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

GO TITANS!!! TITANS ON 2!!! GO TITANS!!! TITANS ON 2!!! ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPERBOWL!!! GO TITANS!!! TITANS ON 2!!! GO TITANS!!! TITANS ON 2!!! :D :D :D

<--- P.S. Take a look at my location. You just know that I have to root for them. :D

Attached Files:

7. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

AM I the only Eagles fan in MR? Us Philly guys usually stick together. I don't think it matters who the Eagles play. They'll beat any of the three teams still in the dance. Although I think the Raiders will nip the Titans.

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I am a fan of anyone playing against Tampa Bay. :D

9. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

I'll take it!!!:p