Oakley Bags: anyone have experience with?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crazydreaming, Aug 27, 2005.

1. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

I've been through a long search for a bag that will carry my new 15" powerbook and all my college books etc. I'm really liking Oakley bags, but there isn't a whole lot of info on them.

Anyone know or have seen some of these bags? I'm considering the Hardshell Backpack, Si Computer Bag, or possibly the icon accompanied with a sleeve...

Link: http://oakley.com/o/c507t

Thanks for any insight.

2. urge macrumors newbie

i own the computer bag that is on the website thats listed for 175. the bag is pretty durable, i have owned it for about two years. I have used it with an old 15"pc laptop. This bag is designed for a laptop but has to be slipped into the bag from the top and into a pocket with a elastic velcro closer band. The quality of the bag is highier then any targus or case logic case i have seen but not so much to justify the price. I have 4 pairs of oakely sunglasses and i love the quality of their lenses but i dont see the advances in bags or clothing, IMO. I havent used the bag since i got my 12" powerbook. I have a friend with a 15" ibook and it would fit perfectly. I personally like the kind of bags you lay in with a full zipper around the edges.

If you have a local Oakley store near by you can take a look at the bags in person. I have looked at the newer bags in my retail store and i do like the design of the the si vertical.

3. crazydreaming thread starter macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

Hey thanks. I have to say the the "Computer Bag" you talked about is probably my least favorite of the Oakley Bags. Too plain, not enough Oakley. I'll have to see if there is in fact a dealer nearby.