Obama Smeared As Former ‘Madrassa’ Student, Possible Covert Muslim Extremist

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 19, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

think progress

there's a video on that page. unreal.

2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Gee. Some people are starting to sound a bit frightened.

Go Barack!

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

There will be lots more mud and spin from these guys, any Democrat that wins the nomination will be smeared it doesnt matter who because thats the tactics. Just throw mud,throw mud, throw mud. Look at what they did to Kerry, A decorated war Hero with medals vs Bush who dodged Nam and had missing service from the Texas air force. Thats draft dodging Rove's tactics of spin.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I sense the creepy hand of Mr. Rove here. This is right out of his playbook. If you have several potential opponents, pick the weakest one. Then smear the others so you (hopefully) knock them out of the running, leaving you with the opponent you do want to run against.

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

Listening to that video made me slightly sick to my stomach. That's all can say.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Actually it IS true that Obama once WAS a muslim. His father was a muslim (who left at 2 years old) and his step father was a non-practicing muslim. He stopped being one when he started his studies at university of hawaii. We all know the rules about islam and converting to another religion.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

8. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You know the rules. Verifiable links please.

9. aquajet macrumors 68020

But didn't that guy from Fox News say he was a Muslim? That's good enough for me.

:rolleyes:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You won't see any links. The reality is this: The conservatives are scared as hell of Obama. Just a case in point: I went back home to Ohio recently. My parents (total religious conservatives) asked me what I thought of Obama. I told them I liked the guy a lot. They said they liked him too and wanted him to run. I just about fell down in shock! This coming from people who voted for Bush both times.

obeygiant, I still have seen nothing from you that would make me think you are anything but a conservative. (remember our previous conversation?) Just remember, in the US you can be whatever religion you want. We don't have penalties for switching. Your wackiness is showing.

11. Queso macrumors G4

All this says to me is that whilst Obama is now a practising Christian, he has an idea of how the American Government's policies towards the Middle East are perceived by Muslims. Electing him would bring Middle Eastern countries on board to tackle the bloodbath formerly known as Iraq and deprive the extremists of their argument that all Americans hate Islam.

Obama is beginning to look like the solution to a lot of problems.

12. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Not so much to do with Rove but Rupert Murdoch. All policies at Fox including daily directives or specific issues to hammer on come directly from Murdoch, he even specifies carefully worded verbage that is to be used over and over during the course of daily broadcasts.

13. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh sweetie, it's been McCarthy since 9/11. The Islamic school around the corner from me was smashed into by a car after a few weeks. Now that space is a physical therapy center. :rolleyes:

15. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Pretty clear from the examples below just how skewed FOX News is and who is calling the shots on a daily basis. Copies of memos from FOX News Senior Vice President, News Editorial John Moody at the direction of Murdoch that dictate very specific verbage to be used or emphasized by "news"casters throughout the day on FOX News.

More

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What does this have to do with Barack Obama?

17. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Does it matter if he was a muslim? The best thing for the US (and the world) at the moment would be a president with a muslim heritage. :confused:

18. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

In the original quoted news article there are numerous references to FOX News and how they skew "news" so I replied with some specific examples of how they do this.

Also I am replying to Thomas Veils post hinting that Rove is behind this recent smear campaign against Obama whereas I think it is because of direct involvement by Rupert Murdoch and not so much Rove.

19. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Also, not to just be argumentative or snide in any way but what does this have to do with Obama? ;)

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Different replies to different posts. :)

21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Well, his middle name is Hussein, so he must be a terrorist/simpathiser.

:rolleyes:

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Of course it does, because we all know what "those muslims" are up to. :rolleyes:

Ah, but the best thing for the US isn't necessarily the same as the best thing for specific politicians, or political parties.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You may be right, but at least the practice is credited with Rove, even if Murdoch is carrying it out. Whether this is being done independently or in cooperation with Rove's office is another story. We really have no way of knowing right now.

24. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I, too, saw something on Fox news that implicated Hillary Clinton in this smearing of Obama. However, I can find no link! :confused: