Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by theweber3, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

Jun 11, 2008
    Washington State
    I just want to hear some peoples view on the healthcare plan proposed by Obama.

My view goes like this...

Im 16, so everyone please correct me when im wrong.

The way I see it is why should everyone have healthcare? It is a business just like everything else. Why should we reform the whole system when only a few percent (I heard the 47 Millions is 10%) of people dont have it? If unemployment is almost that high isn't their some sort of a correlation going there? Also, Obama plans to tax the families making over $250,000. May I ask why? Just because some people are successful they should be punished for it? My guess is the people that make that much are the people who make jobs. So if anything they should not tax those families, they probably have healthcare anyways!

Im not saying the healthcare we have now is perfect, but I dont think we should adopt something similar to canada's. I have a lot of family up there and they have to wait longer for appointments.. not as good as doctors, the government can tell you what you can and cant get done.

Thats my view, I just want some feedback.

2. macrumors 603

Jan 31, 2005
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I hope you're prepared for the backlash.

In my opinion, access to healthcare should be a right not a privilege, and should not completely bankrupt families either. Don't ask me how to make that feasible though.
  3. macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    There are already threads about this in the PSRI:

4. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Sorry, this topic belongs in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum, and you do not yet meet the 100-post count minimum required to participate there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.