Oblivion on macbook pro

Discussion in 'Games' started by Moshiiii, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I was wondering what would oblivion look like on my macbook pro. I have 1 gig of ram. I was gonna run bootcamp to play it. Anyone else do this?

2. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I don't know, I thought this game had steep system specs. I play Oblivion on my 360. Not sure if the macbook pro has enough horse power.

3. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Hmm i found a thread on 1up about a dude using bootcamp than playing Oblivion.

"Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Finally, the test simply wouldn't be complete without some time with the game everyone's freaking out about, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

All things considered, Oblivion runs pretty well on a Mac. This is a game whose high-end settings are calibrated for a computer than exists only in potentia, and the game's automatic configuration based on my graphics card turned into a marvelously realistic slideshow of my vacation in a fantasy land. Well, it's not quite that bad, but you can definitely count the frames per second if you been playing enough Brain Age.

With a decent reduction in settings -- which is to say, a realistic vision of the game -- Oblivion still looks great and is wholly playable. Unfortunately I didn't make much headway into the game, as I spent the bulk of my 90 minutes with Oblivion caught in the same trap as everyone else: character building. But my sneering, pink-haired Japanese schoolgirl performed admirably in the catacombs beneath her mouldering prison and seems able to kill rats with the best of them.

I'm not wholly satisfied with my Oblivion trials, though. I didn't have a Windows keyboard handy, which means I wasn't able to hit the "print screen" key and get any screen grabs. And I didn't make it outside to put the game's famous draw distances to the test. So, alas, I guess I have no choice but to spend more time with the game. Many hours, no doubt. (All for science, of course.)

Guess it's a good thing I have such a robust portable PC gaming solution to work with, eh? "