Obtaining xcode for panther

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Luveno, Apr 8, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Luveno

We've got a server running Panther that I want to get xcode installed on. I'm not sure where the panther install discs are (likely sitting on top of the server itself.) I figured i'd look around online to see if I can download the old tools anywhere, instead of calling someone at the datacenter to throw a disc in a drive.

Do any of you know where I could download a copy of an old xcode install? (1.0 to 1.5 are the accepted version, I think)

2. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Go to connect.apple.com and create a free ADC account. Then once you're logged in, you can download Xcode 2.4.1 under Downloads > Developer Tools.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Luveno

Thanks, but 2.4.1 requires 10.4.x to install. I need a version I can install on 10.3.9.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Luveno

I spoke a little too soon. I looked on that page, and I see Xcode Tools 1.5. Thank you for the link!

I don't visit the ADC sites too often (usually when a new version of xcode gets released), and since last month, i've mistakenly been going to developer.apple.com instead of connect.apple.com looking for software. This is a great help.

5. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Ah you're right. I read the PDF and saw that it supports 10.2+ but it requires 10.4 to run :)

6. macrumors newbie

How can i install Xcode Tools for Panther

I'm searching from a long time because i am publishing a new browser

7. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Look on ADC downloads, it'll be version 1.5 or something.

8. macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Also note that it can't make universal binaries, so your browser won't be very fast on modern Macs...