Odd error message...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slipper, Jan 11, 2005.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

hey guys, my girlfriends computer has been getting this one particular error message and its really odd. i hope its not some kind of virus or something. hopefully someone will be able to clue me in... it has a red stop sign looking icon with an exclamation mark and it reads, " You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore". Now the thing is, there is no disk inserted and it has been popping up randomly since yesterday every once in a while.

2. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Do you have an external hard drive connected? That happened to me when I plugged in an external hard drive formatted in DOS language. NTFS maybe?

If not, run Disk Utility and repair permissions and run first aid.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yeah, could be a network or ethernet device, maybe some sort of USB device like a flash drive or camera with an odd format, or a blank or unreadable CD (although it should recognize a blank CD as a blank). Try restarting with all devices, ethernet cables, and discs removed?

4. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

Nothing is connected, and there is no CD in the drive.

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Post a screen shot of Disk Utility, if possible. Even unmountable volumes should show up in there - at least thats what it does for my USB thumbdrive.