Odd iPod sleep+volume issue

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Xenious, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Xenious macrumors 6502a

My iPod has recently developed a bizarre issue. Its a 3g ipod with its latest firmware for it, mac formatted. Any time it goes into "low power" mode and then I wake it up (where it has to boot to the apple screen) the volume comes up set to max. I have no clue why it is doing this. I normally keep the volume set at about 55%. I noticed the setting for "Startup volume" is no longer available. Any clues?
    -jim

2. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

Hi Jim,

I had the exact same problem with my Gen 3 30 Gig iPod. I think the solution was to completely wipe it and restore the software, then all of my music. When you do a restore you lose everything on the iPod, but as long as all your music is in iTunes, it will all get put back with the first sync. If you use your iPod in Disk mode make sure that your files are backed up before you do the restore. This happened to me quite a while ago, but once I fixed it the problem never came back, and I use my iPod every day. Hope this helps.

Oh, and by the way, when your iPod wakes from sleep it shouldn't normally display the Apple logo, you should just get the menu. The fact that you're seeing the Apple logo means it's being reset (rebooted, so to speak), and if it does that every time there's something wrong. A restore should solve the problem.

Regards,
    Marc

3. Xenious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, thats what I am planning on doing. There is probably some leftover junk from when I used to use xplay too on a PC (recently got a mac).
    -jim