Odd Mail Occurence...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean7512, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but it is definitely annoying!! I have two different email accounts inside of Mail, so when I click New, I have a pull down menu of which address I want to use to send it, right? Yes, it started like that, now there is 3 of them on there, with one address showed twice. The address that is showed twice, one of them is red, so it looks like this..

...@comcast.net
    ...@email.stvincent.edu
    ...@comcast.net

The two comcast ones are identical except for the color. What is going on here? I checked the "Accounts" preference, but there are only 2 set up, so I'm not sure why the third one is in there. Anyone know how I can fix?

2. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump

bump...any ideas?? I don't understand it. I tried rebuilding my mailboxes and repairing permissions, but not luck :(

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

This happens not when you are composing a new message but when you choose to reply to a message. The red address is the account that received the message you are replying to.

Edit: I stand corrected, it shows up for new composed messages too.

4. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was thinking the same thing, only to find out that it still happens everytime I compose a new message. I thought it was a connection error with the server or something at first, but seing as it works fine, I am stumped.

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

this happened to me the other day, i have 4 accounts in mail. I couldn't find any logic behind what it was doing.

I think i did a repair permissions for something else & it has stopped doing it.!!! Its very odd.