Odd movie making question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theimp, Oct 25, 2006.

1. theimp macrumors member

Ok, so I really need to figure out what kind of program I need (It can be for windows or a mac). My mom works at a daycare and wants me to make a movie sort of like this, for something.

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/12925/greaserbabies.swf
    (it is actually pretty funny)

I have done 3D animation in 3DSMax before, so I should probably be able to handle something like this. But, what kind of program am I looking for? It would be great if some kind of 2D program let you use "bones" and such, for easy moving of the bodies. What kind of program should I get (free/cheap is always good).

Thanks!

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Well, that movie was obviously made with Macromedia Flash, which is neither free nor cheap I'm afraid. You could also look at stuff like Combustion by discreet, which is a compositing program. That would definitely do the trick as well, but is expensive. I don't have any free/cheap ideas for you i'm afraid. good luck :)

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

You are asking for what seems like "pro" level controls, skeletons etc, and with it has to come Pro pricing.

There is no free 3D program I can think of that would do what you want.

And there is absolutely NO free Flash based program.

4. theimp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies, I really have never done 2D animation so I have no clue about these types of programs. I always thought flash was for the internet, I was looking just to make an avi or something. Does flash do those things I was looking for?