Odd problem: Expose hot-corners, dock mouseover, and more

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Elrond39, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

Aug 16, 2005
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    So, this is strange:
    As of approximately half an hour ago (that I've noticed), the Expose hot-corners that I've assigned don't work (the shortcut keys do, however), the dock won't magnify when I mouseover and when I try to select options in contextual menus, I have to hold down the mouse-button to be able to select anything at all (and the highlight color doesn't move along with the cursor, if that makes any sense)...

I can't think of a reason why this should be happening, but maybe someone else could help out.

For reference, I was just watching a movie in VLC (one that didn't want to play in Quicktime <Error: Quicktime cannot play the file>) and this started when I was watching. The onscreen controls (fullscreen controls) in VLC also wouldn't fade out, as they normally do when you're not moving the cursor.

I don't want to come across as panicky, which is why this post doesn't sound that way. But this has me feeling rather uneasy, I must admit.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

Oct 12, 2006
    Pasadena, CA
    Sounds like you are in need of a good ol' reboot
  3. Elrond39 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 16, 2005
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Two reboots later...

Still the same problem.

When it turned back on from the reboots, the system contextual menu (the little apple at the left and top) was open, and the highlight color followd the cursor just fine. But, as soon as I moused over the dock, same problem as before.

Oh man..... go ahead and lock this Admins, I don't want anyone seeing how dumb I am :)
    Turns out that my mouse was just being a buggy little monster. Unplugged it, rebooted, and now it's all fine. Man I'm dumb.