Odd problem with iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Camille, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Camille macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2005
    Hi.I'm using iPhoto 6 and there is mt problem:
    Once in a while, iPhoto tells me I should rebuild my thumbnail library and I can click on "OK" or "Rebuild now".
    I've already clicked on "rebuild now" but the message still keeps appearing...

Also, when I scroll through my library, and when stop scrolling, the photos become darker and and come back to normal...It happens EVERYTIME I scroll, and it's horible!
    Dark to normal everytime!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Do you keep your library in the default location (iPhoto folder in Pictures)? Alternatively, do you open iPhoto whilst holding down OPTION?

As for the dark thumbnails, I think that's a pretty normal iPhoto behaviour. It's just the app dealing with the thumbnail files. :)
  3. Camille thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2005
    Yeah but in the iphoto tour on the apple website the photos don't turn dark....
  4. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    What do you mean "they go dark"? Mine go from low-res when scrolling to high-res. iPhoto does this to ensure that scrolling is fast - you can still see what photos are but if iPhoto had to scroll through, say, the nearly 5000 photos in my library using all high-res thumbnails it would screech to a halt.

The reason you don't see this on Apple's previews is because they're probably fiddled with.