Odd question please help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by brokinbyrd, Feb 22, 2005.

1. brokinbyrd macrumors newbie

brokinbyrd

Hello I've been looking over posts but none answer my question. I have a mini networked with a windows machine and a Linux/windows box. The Dual box has an Epson R300 attached to it in windows XP now. I tried printing a word doc from my mini to the printer and it just started printing out what apears to be a source code or a printer source code or something odd like that. So far it's on page 14. Anybody experience this besides me? Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Jared

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Please make an effort to post in the correct forum, this is not a current event.

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

Sounds like your printer is spitting out PostScript code, which is what PostScript printers interpret to put images on a page. It may start something like:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0

What this probably means is that your Mac thinks it's sending to a PostScript printer. Make sure you have the correct driver installed and try again.

Edit: It may also be printing out HP PCL code, but in either case make sure you're using the appropriate Epson driver on your Mac.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

To brokinbyrd it is ;) :D

5. brokinbyrd thread starter macrumors newbie

brokinbyrd

Whoops

Well i didn't scroll down that far to see this topic.
    It's funny in that when the dual box is in Linux it prints straight away. In windows it spits out garbage. Way to go Bill Gates.